Disclaimer: I received Nuun Immune System Support to review as part of being a BibRave Pro. Learn more about becoming a BibRave Pro (ambassador), and check out BibRave.com to review find and write race reviews!
When I had the chance to try out Nuun Immunity, it was really perfect timing. My husband and I had just discussed our favorite (and least favorite) ways to hydrate while training for our upcoming races. While I have had Nuun in the past, the immune system support was new to me! Runners all know how important hydration is for our bodies, but I was more interested in the immunity support aspect of this particular line.
I hopped online to read more about what set this product apart and here is what I found:
…nuun immunity’s propriety mix of botanicals and electrolytes aids in the protection of your immune system. with a balance of anti-inflammatories (including turmeric & ginger), free-radical fighting antioxidants (such as elderberry & echinacea), and our hydration-optimized blend of electrolytes, nuun immunity packs a triple punch in supporting immune health and protecting against common cold and flu symptoms.
I was provided one tube (10 tablets) of both the Orange Citrus and Blueberry Tangerine flavor. I have to admit, I turned my nose up at the second flavor description at first, but more to come on that in a minute… Each serving is one tablet mixed with 16 ounces of water. I decided to drink one 16 ounce serving pre-run and post-run daily.
My thoughts on this product from a runner’s perspective?
- Flavor – While the Orange Citrus wasn’t overly citrus, I was pleasantly surprised by the Blueberry Tangerine (it was my fave of the two). Both were mild, refreshing, not too sweet and definitely effervescent.
- Consistency – You have to shake or mix the tablet into the water well before drinking. It goes down pretty smooth; not “chalky” at all.
- Ingredients – The product is organic, vegan and ingredients are listed plainly on the website and tube.
- Portability – The tube of tablets are easy to stick in my gym bag. I can easily drop one into a 16 oz water bottle after my work out! I can also mix several tablets into a larger container and store in the fridge for up to a week, which makes it super easy to not have any excuses for being “out” of my go-to hydration after a run.
- Effectiveness – I cannot say I felt any more “immune” after using the product, but I can say that both of my kids had started back to school at the time I was using it and they became ill (think colds and stomach virus) but I did not. As a mom, that is a huge WIN for me.
- Bonus – the FAQ section of the website allowed me to easily locate if this was safe for my children to drink and revealed all allergen information I was looking for (nut free, gluten free, etc).
Overall I would definitely recommend this product to others (not just runners) who want a boost to their daily hydration and nutrition routine. The product is relatively inexpensive and does the job.
Do you want to try out Nuun Immunity? Use code HYDRATEBIBPRO for 20% off, good through the end of October. Note this code will only work on the US webstore nuunlife.com and not on nuuncanada.com.