“Disclaimer: I received a Sabre Runner Pepper Spray to review as part of being a BibRave Pro. Learn more about becoming a BibRave Pro (ambassador), and check out BibRave.com to review find and write race reviews!”
As the member of an all women’s running group, running safety is a topic that comes up quite a bit. When I was asked to test Sabre safety products, in particular, the Runner Pepper Gel with an adjustable hand strap, I was excited about the opportunity.
My box from Sabre arrived with the following products to test:
For this review, I want to focus on the Runner Pepper Spray. In the past, I have carried traditional mace and a whistle for safety reasons. The pepper gel is new to me and I was unsure of how effective it could be until I started reading more about the Sabre products on the website. Sabre touts gel that is police strength protection level, minimizes blowback and has a spray range greater than 20% of most other brands.
Additionally, this product is a unique combination of CS military tear gas, red pepper, and UV dye.
You can read more about the product for yourself on the website, but here is a summary of why I really liked using this product:
- The hand strap was easy to adjust when I needed to wear gloves, etc.
- The canister is lightweight. I did not notice it on me once I started running.
- I can get up to 35 short bursts with this one canister. Hopefully, I never have to use it, but is nice to know I have a good volume with one purchase.
- It is affordable!
- The company offers free training videos and easy use instructions.
- The twist lock is easy to use but also feels secure when not in use.
Follow my IG page for more posts about this product and follow #SabreBR to see other user thoughts/reviews! My fellow Bib Rave Pros have reviews up as well – check out: