Disclaimer: I received a pair of Shady Rays Shades to review as part of being a BibRave Pro. Learn more about becoming a BibRave Pro (ambassador), and check out BibRave.com to review find and write race reviews!
Sunglasses and I have a sordid past. My favorite ones usually don’t last long and I think it is because I am a little hard on them. I have a pair of polarized shades but recently parted ways (read: I lost them) with my non-polarized pair, so I was excited to get the chance to try out some new shades as a BibRave Pro. The Shady Rays Signature Series Blackout style seemed like just the right pair for me. I love wearing non-polarized lenses for trail running; I feel like I can see in front of me better than with polarized lenses. And, these sunglasses have 100% UV protection, which all runners need. But, I also loved that the company really promotes the durability of their product. I am a mom (which means kids sometimes accidentally get a hold of my sunglasses) and I run, but I also like to bike, swim, hike and just in general play hard. These definitely could be put to the test with my lifestyle.
I was dedicated to another brand of sunglasses, but after using these shades for a few weeks, I can definitely see the appeal of trying out other Shady Rays styles as well as their polarized lenses. Here are the reasons why I am digging Shady Rays:
- Lightweight – I can barely feel these on my face! They don’t move when I run either.
- Stylish – I have the Signature Series, Blackout (non-polarized) style seen below; this is a classic frame that never goes out of style!
- Affordable – There is a nice price range for all budgets!
- Mission – With every order placed, the company secures 10 meals to fight hunger through Feeding America.
- Live Hard Warranty – lifetime craftsmanship warranty & free replacements
- They offer prescription options for eyeglasses and sunglasses as well as snow goggles.
- You can purchase gift cards online for your friends!
I have worn these for several weeks now in rain, cloudy and sunny conditions and I would highly recommend them for others with an active lifestyle on a budget.
Visit ShadyRays.com and use code “RAVE” good for 50% off 2+ pairs from the Shade Shop!
Don’t just take my word for it! Find out what my fellow BibRave Pros think about Shady Rays –> Ken Stands on Things